8/18/2013

Part 3 of KAMIJO's interview with URE PIA Souken

Better late than never but here is part 3 (and the final part to boot) of KAMIJO's interview with URE PIA Souken.  Enjoy!

_______________________________________________________________________________

- Versailles and KAMIJO-san’s popularity abroad was really high, that’s why you decided to make a tour around South America and Europe, and you were literally travelling around the world. According to Cool Japan, ways to show Japanese culture to the other countries have been discussed in various forms. But we would like to hear the opinion of KAMIJO-san, who toured around the world.

KAMIJO: People in other countries accept Japanese culture, which pleases me immensely. But the truth is that when you go somewhere, you can meet also people, whose knowledge is really limited. The reason is that not all people in the country have the same level of knowledge about Japan.
Still many people don’t know the good side of Japan and that’s a great loss. At the same time, when Versailles started activities, Visual Kei began to attract the interest in Europe, and then in America and Asia, but also South America started showing its considerable interest. However, months went by, people gradually began to quit and stayed with us only those really good.
That’s why I think the other way than Cool Japan, who says that we don’t treat other countries seriously. With a solid foundation built on the artistic achievements in Japan, I would like to be able to be the representative of Japan in the world. What has become a hot topic lately – I think it’s not good for culture of Japan to go abroad so carelessly.

- So how, do you think, we should support growth of Visual Kei in interested countries?

KAMIJO: I’d like to take all of my wonderful Japanese STAFF abroad. Of course, people in other countries are amazing too, but still Visual Kei scene is not only itself, it’s not only the artist, it’s everyone from staff around it and I think this way would be better. That’s why if I could take everyone with me abroad, I could show the splendor of Japanese Visual Kei, I think. So if I had budget for that, isn’t that a good way to support it?

- So in the current situation, when going on world tour, you have to choose an elite STAFF, who will go with you?

KAMIJO: No doubt there are artists, who do that, but I’d rather say they’re minority. The other thing is that since there is a limit of the number of devices and music equipment that you can take with you on a plane, happens that you have to rent them for example on the spot.

The Visual Kei scene is really amazing. I think that if it was only the music, it would be created only by musicians. But Visual Kei are not only musicians, its make-up artists, photographers, videographers, many different artists are involved in creating music, to be able to hear it better. Many staff employees are involved also in songs and I wonder whether in this way Visual Kei scene doesn’t become deeper? I think that this scene is more united than others. That’s why I think that Visual Kei is the greatest. Taking this opportunity, I would like to sayThank youto every Staff worker of the scene. From now on let’s keep livening up Visual Kei together.

No comments:

Post a Comment