7/01/2011

Regarding the World Tour

Today, Versailles announced their World Tour dates on their website here.



As you may have noticed, the United States was not included in their tour dates.

As far as we know, there are two major reasons why Versailles could not come see us this time around. We as a team will work to fix this, so that next time around, it does not happen again. And by a team, we don't just mean us two leaders, we mean all of the US fans working together. This is your team, America, let's not allow this to ever happen again.

First, and perhaps most important, Versailles has not been able to find an agent/ promoter in the United States, and consequently cannot come perform here. 

Street teams across the world and their leaders spent much time finding such promoters within their own countries, and worked very hard with them to have Versailles come visit them. Some even began such negotiations before Versailles even announced they would be doing a World Tour.

However, we only started this street team last month. 

These kinds of things take an immense amount of preparation, and not only were we too late when it came to creating a street team, and finding a promoter, but there is also our second reason: The US is huge, and as a result, our fan-base is very spread apart, and hard to centralize. 

Before we even think of talking to promoters, we need people, lots of people. Otherwise, promoters will not "waste" their time and money bringing a band to the US that appears to have no real fan-base (although this is not true!).

That's why we've created this Street team, to start collecting fans and making connections with promoters now, so that the next time Versailles announces a World Tour, not only will they come see us in the United States, but they will visit several cities here as well!

Do not be angry with us, or with Versailles, don't be sad, only use this as motivation because this is only the beginning. Now that you know what is required to have them come visit us, please work together with us to make all of our dreams come true.

Help us by continuing to spread the word about Versailles Philharmonic Quintet, and keep checking back here (or on our Twitter or Facebook) for updates on both the band, our own status with promoters within the United States, and fan projects.

Perhaps even contribute your own ideas and news! We're here for you, America, and we're willing to listen to what you have to say. If you have any questions, please ask them here, and we will answer them to the best of our ability.

Together, we ARE going to bring Versailles back; it's no longer a question of "if" but a question of "when."

We are Versailles!!!

Fellow Descendants,
Tori & Nick

P.S. We are still looking for volunteers, please take at look at this entry for more information.

P.P.S. If you are interested in seeing the Versailles concert in Mexico, we'll post information about it here as it is released.

9 comments:

  1. Completely understandable reasons. For promoters, I would check into Babel Entertainment - they have brought D here, for example, which is along the lines of Versailles in aesthetics/music, and I know they may be interested.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish all the street team and Versailles fans across the USA the best of luck~!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Disappointing news, but I expected as much since we are so spread out. (Sigh..)

    What I really, really, really dislike is how much money I am going to spend on plane tix and other expenses to see them in D.F when
    I would much rather just give *them* all that money to support their music and art! :( Just makes me want to cry...

    Also, because we are so spread out geographically, where I'm at in Texas it is cheaper for me to go to D.F than say New York City and that
    will always be an issue for U.S. fans who are hundreds or thousands of miles from a concert venue :(

    I will ask around in my community about music promoters. Most of what my group does is Steampunk and/or Anime, Sci-Fi conventions
    and I don't know if Versailles has any interest in returing here for those. It's not ideal, but it does gather huge number of fans in
    one location. Because I do go to so many conventions, I think I will print up some business cards with the ST and website info (if you don't mind, of course)
    to give out. I just wish I had known about the ST when D/BSC performed here last month. I wish I could go back in time and contact all those people- LOL!

    We will bring them back here! So everyone stay positive. If anyone wants to go to Mexico I will be happy to meet up with you there and/or give you advice on
    traveling. Fortunately, for me I have been to Mexico many times before and speak enough Spanish to travel there with no worries. There are inexpensive places to stay and eat downtown- like I said, cheaper than a trip to NYC for me. The venue appears to be a nice place- something like a performance arts school
    with a capacity of 3,000. Maybe we can make a showing of our ST down there and proved how devoted we are :)~~ Radha/Yololtanextli

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm really happy that you posted this. Now people can have a better understanding of what's going on, and a better understanding of what we can do to help Versailles get here the next time around. I'm sure that Versailles was just as upset about it as their USA fans (and other fans whose countries weren't included in the World Tour) are. I don't think it makes the situation better by being angry at them and posting rude comments on their pages. A second visit to North America by Versailles isn't impossible, we just have to unite and work hard to put our minds to it, right? So, let's do it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you everyone for your supporting comments!

    @Shannon: Thank you for the heads up! We'll definitely look into them.

    @Radha: We will appreciate anything by this point, also they did do convention tours in Europe earlier this year.

    And by all means please do, you have more than our permission to print out our ST on business cards; the more the better! Maybe you could even share the design so we can encourage others to print them out in their areas too?

    Don't you think it be great if you showed up to the Mexican concert with gifts from the Americans or something like that? To show them we support them no matter what, and how determined we are. I sense a project in the near future, perhaps? Please get back to us. C:

    @Jojo Thank you so much, that's the kind of attitude we need! Let's do this! \m/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for sharing this info! I was SO sad to hear they weren't coming here! I'm still amazed that there aren't any promoters tripping over each other to bring them here ~(lol you can see how biased I am!) I would love to see if Babel Entertainment can help bring Versailles over here since they were able to bring D and Blood Stain Child here so recently! I don't really know much about promoters and such, but I really would love trying to contact Babel! Again, thanks for sharing this info! I really have a better understanding of whats going on now, so now I can stop feeling bad and hopefully do something! We can do it everyone! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tori, that is good news they are still willing to play at conventions. The one I am program director for here is just starting up and there is no way we can afford them this year- but the theme is a Steampunk New Years Masquerade Ball, wouldn't that be awesome! I can dream for one year ahead at least...

    Of course, I will take projects/gifts to them. I am just waiting on the tickets to go on-sale and hopefully won't have any issues with the Mexican ticket site. The MexST, was kind enough to post that it will likely sell out, so anyone interested should get there tix early.

    ReplyDelete
  8. they should come out the world tour with c japan thats being planned now

    ReplyDelete